Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain the Self-Directed Plan/Budget including one meeting per quarter for reviews and updates as needed.
- Provide education, training, and support to the individual and family in implementing the Self-Directed plan/budget in accordance with Medicaid and NYS standards and provide other technical support as needed to keep the plan functioning effectively.
- Review Self Directed expenditures, assist individual with budgeting and monitoring of the Monthly Spending Detail report.
- Assist individual with recruiting, interviewing, hiring and retaining appropriate support staff as well as scheduling and supervising staff and back-up staff.
- Assist individual with building and maintaining a positive circle of support and meaningful connections in the community.
- Develop and maintain relationships with families to ensure the success of their plan.
- Problem-solve and proactively anticipate issues to avert crisis and/or loss of Medicaid funding.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other internal and external support programs in the best interest of the individual.
- Ensure priority and/or crisis events are handled, and timely documentation is compliant with Medicaid, Agency, and NYS standards.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and Kelberman regulations and operating standards.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Kelberman’s culture, values, and mission.
- Participate in activities as part of the team that may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- May be assigned additional duties as required.
- Ability to anticipate coverage problems.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software.
- Competencies and experiences necessary include customer service orientation, diplomacy, diversity, flexibility, follow through, safety orientation, reliability and consistency, written communication and cooperation and teamwork, listening skills, optimism, quality orientation, analytical thinking.
- Applies and actively shares knowledge, expertise and best practices with team.
- Behavior supports the mission, core values and objectives of the Kelberman.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, new ideas, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Demonstrates and promotes respect toward coworkers and adapts behaviors to work effectively with varying people and situations.
- Strong ability to independently problem solve and think on your feet.
- Accumulates all relevant information prior to making job-related decisions.
- Presents well-considered alternatives when making recommendations.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Represents Kelberman by displaying a respectful and caring manner.
- Addresses all concerns in a timely and efficient manner and reports any complaints to their immediate supervisor.
- Complies with quality assurance, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, safety and other policies set forth.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Human Services or related field preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- OPWDD Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) certification required.
- Must meet and maintain OPWDD Broker training and certification requirements.
- Must have working knowledge of community resources available in the community and ability to complete necessary documentation accurately and thoroughly.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License travel is required.
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised and unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Minimal risk of chemicals used in cleaning. Job related tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman Center sites. OSHA Exposure Category II
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require work during evenings, weekends.
- Ability to quickly address any emergent issues without losing focus on task at hand.
- The employee must have full sight and hearing with fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to lift and/or assist individuals in your care and ability to meet the physical requirements of the specific job.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. copier, scanner, computer printer, etc.)
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
$18.63 - $23.29 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.