Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in scheduling, planning, implementation and supervision for all camp recreational activities.
- Develop daily lesson plans, adjusting activities for varying age groups and developmental abilities.
- Engage and direct camp counselors in activity implementation.
- Request, utilize and maintain recreation materials and equipment.
- Provide specific documentation for each expenditure and maintain recreation account.
- Participate in activities to help promote, coordinate and plan camp programs and special events.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and Kelberman's regulations and operating standards.
- Impart Kelberman philosophy of the "power of individuals, family, and community working together to maximize our collective potential.”
- Maintain confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with Kelberman's policy.
- Provide direct visual supervision to assigned individual(s).
- Assist individuals with their participation in activities.
- Maintain a safe environment, addressing issues or concerns as they arise. Report to supervisor daily concerns and the overall outcome.
- Work cooperatively and provide needed supports for overall quality assurance excellence.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to Kelberman’s culture, values and mission.
- Perform other duties at the discretion of the Camp Director or his/her designee.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum one years’ experience developing and leading recreational/camp activities required.
- Basic Computer Skills (Including Windows, Word and Excel).
- Ability to lift and/or assist individuals and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the specific job.
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) or OMH (Office of Mental Health) and most recently in coordination with the regulations of the NYS Justice Center.
- Regularly attend scheduled shifts and meetings, being punctual
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Minimal risk of chemicals used in cleaning.
Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman sites. OSHA Exposure Category I.
- Must have fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, twist, reach with fingers and arms.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.