Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for overseeing the entire swimming activity, including implementation of the safety plan, training and supervising lifeguards and counselors, and ensuring adequate bather supervision.
- Assess the swimming abilities of all campers and maintain records of swimming evaluations.
- Oversee and implement the Buddy System, which is an accountability method for supervising and accounting for bathers during swim activities.
- Conduct a daily inspection of the pool to assure that adequate safety levels are maintained.
- Maintain daily records of the number of lifeguards on duty, weather conditions, water clarity, water quality, any reported rescues, injuries and illnesses. Daily records must indicate chemical levels for pools (e.g. chlorine, pH).
- Participate in Kelberman activities that may include meetings, trainings and committees, and special projects; Establish a work environment that creates positive communication and support between supervisors and employees and applicants. Assimilate new employees to the Kelberman’s culture, values and mission.
- Provides support in job duties listed above to affiliated entities as requested and needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software.
- Applies and actively shares knowledge, expertise and best practices with team.
- Behavior supports the mission, core values and objectives of Kelberman.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, new ideas, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Presents well-considered alternatives when making recommendations.
- Represents Kelberman by displaying a respectful and caring manner.
- Addresses all concerns in a timely and efficient manner and reports any complaints to their immediate supervisor.
- Complies with quality assurance, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, safety and other policies set forth.
Education & Experience
- High school Diploma or GED. Associates preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years of lifeguard or Aquatics Director experience preferred.
- American Red Cross CPR Certification renewed or earned within last 12 months.
- Current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification.
- Current lifeguard certification,
- Current American Red Cross first-aid certification.
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License travel is required.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
- This position does have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) or OMH (Office of Mental Health).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Minimal risk of chemicals used in cleaning. Job related tasks do involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman sites. OSHA Exposure Category I.
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require work during evenings, weekends.
- Ability to quickly address any emergent issues without losing focus on task at hand.
- The employee must have full sight and hearing with fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 60 pounds at a time.
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.