Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of Compliance regulations for all oversight regulatory bodies of Kelberman to include but not limited to OPWDD, DOH, SED, OCFS, CMS, OMIG and OIG.
- Acts as Kelberman’s Compliance Officer following OIG and OMIG regulations and the Privacy Officer in accordance with HIPAA regulations (HHS/OCR).
- Writes and implements Kelberman’s policies and standard operating procedures to ensure an effective Compliance program.
- Conducts Risk Assessments as required for Compliance, HIPAA and Safety with a focus on mitigating risk.
- Responsible for the oversight, implementation, reporting, and monitoring of the Kelberman Quality Management Plan.
- Assists programs in establishing and measuring quality standards and ensuring a process for the monitoring of customer satisfaction surveys and the collection of data to mitigate risk and increase quality.
- Accomplishes Compliance and Risk Management objectives by monitoring, reviewing, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Trains and motivates employees to ensure that Compliance and Risk Mitigation goals are achieved in the safest way possible.
- Develops an Audit and Monitoring plan as part of the Compliance Work plan to ensure regulatory compliance and quality for all services provided by Kelberman.
- Prepares and provides written and oral Compliance and Risk Management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trend data.
- Provides Oversight and develops the plan for 24/7 coverage of the Incident Management Reporting line and input into IRMA as scheduled including afterhours and weekends.
- Initiates, assigns and conducts investigations of Reportable Incidents of Abuse & Neglect, including follow up activities, and develops and presents the facts at the Incident Review Committee as assigned.
- Oversees all external audits/surveys under pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Ensures the training of staff on Compliance, HIPAA, Risk Mitigation, Quality, and Incident Management.
- Assists in the coordination and training of staff on OPWDD DQI audit surveys of Certified sites.
- Works with the Human Resources department on internal and external investigations related to reactive and proactive compliance or personnel issues.
- Oversees and ensures follow-up and/or corrective action plans to compliance issues identified.
- Assists with written and verbal responses to inquiries for compliance related information.
- Provide technical assistance to program leadership and staff on regulatory and compliance issues.
- Facilitates Process Improvement/Quality groups as necessary or designated.
- Oversees initiatives for obtaining/maintaining center accreditation(s) with applicable Chiefs and Vice Presidents.
- Attend mandatory OPWDD and Justice Center trainings.
- Researches, interprets, trains and applies all governing regulatory authority regulations as necessary and appropriate to implement policies and procedures.
- Stays apprised and maintains current on program, compliance, quality, and risk management knowledge.
- Partners with contacts in the provider community including OPWDD, CP State, and the New York Alliance, and develops mutually beneficial partnerships with other industry experts to incorporate critical information as appropriate.
- Adhere to mandatory reporting requirements and HIPAA laws.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to Kelberman’s culture, values and mission.
- Organizes, Leads and Participates on committees, in meetings, and prepares presentations as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Highest level of integrity, excellent judgment, and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal requirements related to privacy, technology, clinical and compliance issues.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software.
- Applies and actively shares knowledge, expertise and best practices with team.
- Behavior supports the mission, core values and objectives of Kelberman.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, new ideas, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Presents well-considered alternatives when making recommendations.
- Represents Kelberman by displaying a respectful and caring manner.
- Addresses all concerns in a timely and efficient manner and reports any complaints to their immediate supervisor.
- Complies with quality assurance, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, safety and other policies set forth.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience in compliance, risk management or quality roles within the field of autism, developmental disabilities, education, health care or mental health services, a portion of which took place in New York State.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Travel and transport is required. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and require reliable transportation.
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities)
- Job related tasks may involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or spills or splashes from these substances.
- May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman sites.
- OSHA exposure category II
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, twist, reach.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- $60,394.00 - $75,000.00 annually
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.