Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring process such as, sourcing, pre-screening applicants, scheduling interviews, and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Coordinate posting open positions to external resources such as job boards, social networking sites, and niche websites as needed.
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of personnel files and records
- Conduct employment verifications and reference checks for potential employees and complete all incoming employment verification requests from outside entities
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager
- Assist with interview process including prescreening of potential employees.
- Generate and maintain reports, charts, and records and assist with mailing as needed/ directed.
- Attend and represent Kelberman at job fairs and community events
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment and employee recognition events
- Assist all eligible applicants and employees with benefit enrollments upon hire and during open enrollment.
- Uses effective, timely communication approaches that include proactively keeping others informed and works cooperatively with all employees
- Participate in professional development programs to increase knowledge of human resource procedures
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and Center regulations and operating standards
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Center's culture, values, and mission
- Participates on committees, in meetings, and presentations as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assisgned
Required Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Human resource management preferred but not required.
- SHRM or PHR certified preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of relevant human resource experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems are a plus.
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to proactively work with people to drive the recruitment process.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. This job description may be changed at any time and does not constitute a contract or agreement.
Compensation: $24.04 - $26.44 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.