Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and implement methods to standardize, document and improve department efficiency and accuracy.
- Build collaborative relationships and manage external communication with the Center’s contractual IT/Security vendors and ensure that solutions are delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Manages complex technical environment that includes e-mail services, printing, file storage, applications, web servers, intranet servers, and backup servers, including associated operating systems and software applications.
- Acts as Systems Administrator for internal software applications used by the Center.
- Supports on-boarding of new hires by preparing necessary network setup and access, as well as providing initial IT usage and process training.
- Hires and trains IT department staff and promotes team development through recruitment, coaching, communication, mentorship and training.
- Oversight of Help Desk procedures, processes and workflows.
- Oversee the technology asset inventory and improve customer service by making recommendations based on ticket trends and call activity.
- Designs, implements, and oversees end user security standards, policies, and procedures for network access.
- Manage security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus; mail filtering and encryption devices, as well as internet filtering and intrusion detection systems.
- Conducts on going security assessments and testing, documents results and implements solutions addressing federal and state requirements.
- Responsible for protecting network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness.
- Oversee installation, configuration maintenance, network connectivity, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, upgrades and peripheral devices for end users.
- Responsible for project management, consolidation projects, acquisitions, and mergers and the effective allocation of technical resources.
- Develops and implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure; adheres to emergency data processing needs.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Information Technology Security Officer.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Maintains positive relationships with consumers, families, community organizations, referral sources, and governing bodies.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Center’s culture, values and mission.
- Participates on committees, in meetings, and presentations as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems including firewalls, encryption, and password protection and authentication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Highest level of integrity, excellent judgment, and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal requirements related to privacy, technology, clinical and compliance issues.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software.
- Applies and actively shares knowledge, expertise and best practices with team.
- Behavior supports the mission, core values and objectives of the Center.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, new ideas, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Presents well-considered alternatives when making recommendations.
- Represents the Center by displaying a respectful and caring manner.
- Addresses all concerns in a timely and efficient manner and reports any complaints to their immediate supervisor.
- Complies with quality assurance, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, safety and other policies set forth.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in computer systems with some specialization in computer security.
- Must have a valid New York State Driver’s License travel is required.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
- This position will not have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is not required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) or with the regulations of the NYS Justice Center.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Minimal risk of chemicals used in cleaning. Job related tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue and tasks are not a condition of employment. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman Center sites. OSHA Exposure Category III.
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require work during evenings, weekends.
- Ability to quickly address any emergent issues without losing focus on task at hand.
- The employee must have full sight and hearing with fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 60 pounds at a time.
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
Compensation: $75000 - $80000
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.