Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise daily operations of the staff working with individuals in their home, community, and or college campus.
- Utilize authorized software for documentation and scheduling.
- Ensure the effective communication, and problem solving of daily work information and expectations, including internal, families, care manager, college and/or community partners and supervisor.
- Ability to anticipate coverage problems.
- Monitor the safety and well-being of the individuals and report issues as necessary.
- Ensure the accomplishment of the individuals’ goals and all plans, to ensure that the Staff Action Plan (SAP) is implemented and documented.
- Attend Annual and Six-Month Life Plan meetings for assigned caseload.
- Write and Maintain the timely completion of all records and reports i.e. Staff action plans, monthly summaries.
- Provide coaching, training, and counseling for direct support staff to enhance performance and reach goals.
- Complete the 90 day and annual performance evaluations for all direct support staff (Mentor, Peer Mentor or Direct Support Professionals).
- Arrange and assist with on-site orientation and training activities for new employees and existing staff.
- Recruit and complete interviews for job openings and make hiring recommendations.
- Serve as role model for program staff, promote the individual’s independence by implementing the Staff Action Plan, and attend to personal care, self-care and other program needs that the individuals cannot independently accomplish.
- Provide direct support services as needed and/or requested.
- Monitor the operation and condition of the spaces and supplies; ensuring security of resources.
- Lead activities as part of the treatment team such as meetings and trainings.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication network with the individuals, program staff, families, college and/or community partners, and other departments.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to deadlines with all pertinent government and Kelberman regulations and operating standards.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to Kelberman’s culture, values and mission.
- Participate in activities as part of the team that may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- May be assigned additional duties as required.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software.
- Competencies and experiences necessary include customer service orientation, diplomacy, diversity, flexibility, follow through, safety orientation, reliability and consistency, written communication and cooperation and teamwork, listening skills, optimism, quality orientation, analytical thinking.
- Applies and actively shares knowledge, expertise and best practices with team.
- Behavior supports the mission, core values and objectives of Kelberman.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, new ideas, strategies, procedures and methods.
- Demonstrates and promotes respect toward coworkers and adapts behaviors to work effectively with varying people and situations.
- Accumulates all relevant information prior to making job-related decisions.
- Presents well-considered alternatives when making recommendations.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Represents Kelberman by displaying a respectful and caring manner.
- Addresses all concerns in a timely and efficient manner and reports any complaints to their immediate supervisor.
- Complies with quality assurance, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, safety and other policies set forth.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Human Services or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
- OPWDD Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) certification preferred.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License travel is required.
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised and unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Minimal risk of chemicals used in cleaning.
- Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances.
- May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman Center sites.
- OSHA Exposure Category I
- Certain deadlines and unanticipated developments may require work during evenings, weekends.
- Ability to quickly address any emergent issues without losing focus on task at hand.
- The employee must have full sight and hearing with fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to lift and/or assist individuals in your care and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the specific job.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 60 pounds at a time.
- Ability to handle stressful and unpredictable situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- $20.50 - $25.62 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We Also Recommend
Home & Community Based Services
Mohawk Valley, NY
Home & Community Based Services
Home & Community Based Services
Onondaga County, NY