Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring process such as, sourcing, pre-screening applicants, scheduling interviews, and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Coordinate posting open positions to external resources such as job boards, social networking sites and niche websites as needed.
- Conduct initial phone screening of candidates to obtain information on work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements. Provide information about Kelberman benefits, and job opportunities.
- Match applicants with positions based on their experience, skills, work schedule availability, and location preference. Schedule applicants for interviews based on the hiring manager availability.
- Provide great candidate experience throughout the application and interview process; promptly communicate with candidates.
- Maintain excellent service for hiring managers across the agency.
- Follow-up with managers on status for applicants and schedule interviews accordingly.
- Conduct follow up actions to reject or move forward candidates in the hiring process. Add thorough notes in the ATS system.
- Post position internally and externally through the ATS.
- Assist with arranging for various recruiting events such as job fairs, campus recruiting, career open house, and other recruiting events.
- Attend off-site job/career fairs as needed.
- Prepare folders and contingent offers for candidates that are scheduled for pre-employment.
- Drive all new hire onboarding tasks, based on when new hires start.
- Assist with the pre-employment appointments (e.g., making copies/scanning of documents, verifying documents, running driving records & background checks, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining the new-hire checklist and ensure that it is always accurate and update to date.
- Review and follow-up on background checks, PPD, and drug test results.
- Assists the HR Department in the daily administration of various HR services as directed or assigned by supervisor.
- Expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Identifies trends that could impact organizational objectives and/or operational resources.
- Complete all required training for the position.
This position description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions or duties may be assigned and management retains the right to add to, or change the duties of this position at any time.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Solid core recruiting skills, including but not limited to, building and managing a candidate profile, developing a sourcing strategy, properly assessing candidate qualifications, and presenting and closing opportunities effectively.
- A drive for results, be inquisitive, perpetuate a sales and service orientation towards clients and candidates, and are a strong relationship builder. In addition, you can adjust easily in a dynamic environment and have passion for the company and your craft.
- Proven ability to proactively work with people in order to drive the recruitment process.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up is mandatory.
- This job requires some travel to area colleges and job fairs. Access to reliable transportation required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy, attention to details, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative and critical thinking with some analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Experience using applicant tracking software.
- Experience with Paychex applicant tracking system strongly preferred.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field and at least 1 year of HR/Recruiting experience OR Associates degree with 5 years of HR/Recruiting experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Will be required to visit other sites and attend job fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Must have the visual acuity to read paperwork, view a computer screen and the dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- $45,000.00 - $47,000.00 annually plus commission.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.