Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor the safety and well being of the individuals and report issues as necessary.
- Ensure the accomplishment of individuals’ goals and behavior plans; ensure that the Individual Program Plan (IPP) is implemented and documented.
- Maintain the timely completion of all records and reports.
- Supervise the daily operations of the residence.
- Provide direct support to individuals to include but not limited to assisting with individuals’ needs and implementing goal plans.
- Ensure effective communication of daily work information and expectations.
- Under the direction of the administrator, maintain site staffing schedules and coverage.
- Problems solve daily shift issues and/or conflicts as part of site leadership team.
- Provide coaching and counseling of direct care staff to enhance individual and team performance.
- Complete annual evaluations for direct care staff or other direct support staff for approval by the Coordinator of Home and Community Services.
- Arrange and assist with on site orientation and training activities for new employees and existing staff.
- Complete interviews for job openings and make hiring recommendations to program administrator.
- Serve as a Role Model for program staff, promote the individuals’ independence by implementing the IPP, and attend to personal, self-care and other program needs that the individuals cannot independently accomplish.
- Maintain accurate purchasing records, petty cash and personal funds; establish effective contact with all vendors.
- Monitor operation and condition of the building and supplies; ensure building security.
- Lead activities as part of the treatment team such as; meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication network with the individuals, program staff, families, community agencies, and other Center departments.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Center’s culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and Center regulations and operating standards.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Minimum three years experience managing a residential program.
- Valid New York State driver’s license is required.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (Including all Windows programs, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, Internet Browser, Access, Word and Excel).
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised and unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities).
Education & Experience
Associates Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or related field or at least 15 completed credit hours in a related field required.
BS/BA in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or related field preferred. Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing a residential program.
Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances. May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman Center sites.
OSHA Exposure Category I
- Must have fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to lift and/or assist individuals in your care and the ability to meet the physical requirements of the specific job.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- $22.55 - $24.00 hourly
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.