Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate and assess program participants on an ongoing basis and plan and implement appropriate treatment and goals based upon the evaluation.
- Educate individuals and/or team members about findings of the evaluation, established treatment plans, methods of treatment, and if possible the individual’s prognosis.
- Educate team members about ongoing services and any areas within the scope of speech-language therapy.
- Complete all required documentation according to program regulations.
- Communicates with other health care professionals relating to all aspects of the Individual Program Plan (IPP) / Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assists with departmental maintenance and supplies.
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Assist in orienting students, volunteers, and new therapists within the program.
- Adhere to mandatory abuse and reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
- Provides assessment, fabrication, modification, and repair of adaptive equipment, as needed.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Center’s culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards
Required Skills & Abilities
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel).
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities) or OCFS (Office for Children and Family Services).
- Travel may be required. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree required in Speech Therapy plus NYS Certification of Hearing and Speech.
- Up to 1-year experience.
- Job related tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or the potential for skin or mucous membrane contact from spills or splashes of these substances.
- May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman Center sites.
- OSHA Exposure Category I
- Must have fluency in the English language. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend, twist and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, scanner, computer printer, etc.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Employee may be exposed to verbal and physical aggression by people we support.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- From $62,790.00 annually
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.