Kelberman is a leading provider of autism services for children, adults and families in the Mohawk Valley and Central New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide transportation for the individual as required to carry out the goals and services of the individual’s Habilitative Plan.
- Implement and monitor Individual Habilitation plans for people receiving services through the OPWDD Home and Community Based Waiver Program.
- Delivery of direct habilitation services to individuals while assessing appropriateness of plan as developed, progress/regression, continued appropriateness of plan.
- Oversee the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Maintain and regularly compile data and documentation to be reviewed by supervisor as required.
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that may include meetings, trainings and committees.
- Contribute to a positive work environment through collaborative team work and positive communication in alignment with the Kelberman’s culture, values and mission.
- Demonstrate excellent work attendance by being punctual and reliable for all scheduled shifts and meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards.
- Adhere to mandatory reporting requirements and HIPAA laws.
- Maintain documentation as required.
- Respond to medical emergencies and log any/all incidents that may occur during working hours.
- Participate in evacuation drills as assigned and complete documentation required.
- Must be able to work at any Kelberman program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Exercise tact, discretion and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work and encourages others to stay open to change and improvement.
- Demonstrates and promotes respect toward coworkers and adapts behaviors to work effectively with varying people and situations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Up to 1 year of experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances are warranted.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Travel and transport is required. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and require reliable transportation.
- This position has regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Job related tasks may involve possible exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue or spills or splashes from these substances.
- May have exposure to unpredictable individuals and situations when working at Kelberman sites.
- OSHA exposure category l.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, twist, reach.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
- $16.50 per hour
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.